Who is this workshop for? Most suitable for families where our gamer is 12-18 years old. Feel free to contact us to see if it’s a good fit, or if not quite in the age range.
The Holdiay Program is an action packed 4 day immersion program. It helps put gaming into perspective by educating gamers and parents about the culture and psychology of video games and why we sometimes feel compelled to keep playing, but also because the afternoons include activities that remind gamers that real life can offer real reward and satisfaction that’s more fulfilling than video games. We believe that gaming is the icing on the cake.
The Holiday Program is designed to encourage responsible gaming by improving self-regulation and increasing social connection through additional hobbies, strategies and and self-awareness. On the other hand, this program is also designed to help gamers enjoy and improve their gaming as they trade quantity for quality. Families finish the program with a sustainable gaming contract.
- Please provide daily lunch and MYKI card.
- Snacks provided, and Pizza lunch provided on final day.
Includes the following activities:(or comparable)
- Escape Room
- Rock Climbing
- Virtual Reality
- Social Gaming on LAN(Local Area Network)
- Final day pizza lunch
Important program info:
- 9:30-4:30 Monday to Thursday
- One parents-only Zoom session on first Monday night at 7:00pm
- 4 Followup check-in sessions on the following Monday nights
- Permanent membership access to the online resource to guide families through the process
- Workbooks for reflection and consolidating learning
- Age Groups:
- 12-18 Program
- Young Adult Program 18+
Cost: $595 – Ask us about our sibling discount
Are subsidies available? Some families may be eligible for subsidies on program fees thanks to participating Headspace branches. Please enquire for details.
Can this program be included in my NDIS plan? Our programs can additionally be included in your NDIS self-managed or plan-managed plan. We are considered an unregistered provider. Please get in touch for more details.