Building a Healthy Gaming Culture in Your School
Presentations and workshops for parents, students and teachers. Let’s get everyone on the same page. Includes complimentary parent and student surveys to put your finger on the pulse of your community.
- Bridging the knowledge gap that drives disconnection between parents and their kids.
- Supporting parents with strategies that improve family dynamics when gaming is a point of tension.
- Understanding the core motivational needs we all have, and how games serve those needs and how they don’t.
- Providing insight into why gamers love to play and what healthy gaming can look like.
- Understanding the mechanics of game design that centre around engagement or compulsion
- Understanding the motivations to play excessively such as needs fulfillment or coping strategies.
- Understand the impact of game design comparing engagement and compulsion
- Discuss red flags for student wellbeing that some gamers display
- Liasing with Wellbeing Coordinators with student referrals to GameAware group programs
- Consultation included to start the process of creating inclusivity and healthier gaming habits for your students by embracing healthy, social gaming at your school.
- Engaging students to help develop self awareness
- Understanding the drive to play video games
- Understanding the state of Esports and Streaming entertainment.
- Intelligent gaming strategies that show the benefits of applying performance psychology to your gaming sessions
- Exploring how overplaying games is detrimental to the enjoyment of your gaming experience
- Discussion around loot boxes and related compulsive behaviours
- Esports Incursions designed to help competitive players train intelligently.
- 10 gaming laptops equipped with most Esport titles to allow for structured team practice at your school instead of at home
- Using performance psychology to get the most out of practice time without putting school work at risk when engaging in “The Grind”
- Teaching passionate gamers how to manage their time and motivation.
- Organise a competitive team in High School Esports Leagues such as: META