Undivided Attention and Continuing Support
Sometimes it’s tough to get started with a group program for one reason or another, or you need extra support from us. Mentoring sessions allow us to be able to work 1on1 with a gamer using elements of Motivational Interviewing Techniques. The goal is to help gamers understand themselves better, and how playing games might be more than just “for fun”.
In a session, we talk about their assumptions and their motivations, and find a way forward to meet those needs best. Mentoring sessions are not designed to replace any talk therapies with a clinician, rather they are complementary to that important work. We can often help to break down barriers to engaging with group programs or engaging with clinicians and other supports.
This continuing support can keep your family on track through any bumps in the road you may face.
- 60-90min session
- Excellent for goal setting with young adults who need a nudge
- Chat happens online over Discord (popular chatting app used by gamers)
- Debrief with parents if appropriate
- Debrief with gamer’s psychologist if consent is given for consultation
- Insight into our gamer’s core mental health and resilience and how to access help if needed