Parenting Young Gamers Workshops
PYG – Parenting Young Gamers
This workshop is designed to empower parents to manage excessive gaming of their young ones, or prevent it from becoming a problem in the first place. The aim of this program is to set good habit habits early, and help families navigate what could be a bumpy road. It includes an initial 3 hour workshop including a hands on gaming experience. There is an additional followup workshop at the end of the 6 weeks. Parents will learn how to use the GameAware 6 week online resource to either manage an existing problem with gaming or prevent it from happening in the first place. Workshops will give families the chance to discuss their circumstances and ask questions.
- Face to face group program with parents and kids. 2 hour workshop + 2 hour followup workshop
- Webinar format with a 90min workshop and a 90min followup workshop.
- This format will not include a hands on gaming session, and is less expensive at $225.
- Parents and kids engage in a social gaming experience on LAN(Local Area Network)
- A workshop with their children to bridge the communication gap around gaming at home
- Permanent membership access to the online resource to guide families to hitting the gaming sweet spot
- Insight into our gamer’s core mental health and resilience and how to access further help if needed
Most suitable for parents of 5-13yr olds. Feel free to contact us to see if it’s a good fit.
Melbourne: May 6th & 20th 2019
- 2 hour workshop including hand on gaming experience
- 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- + 2 hour followup session
- Location: Highett Neighbourhood Community House
Online Webinar: TBD
- 90min online workshop
- 6:30pm start time
- + 1 followup session (date TBD)
- Device and internet connection required
- You can join webinars using “Zoom”. Click here and enter your invitation code.
- Details: TBD