1on1 Help For Gamers And Their Families
Sometimes it’s tough to get started with a group program for one reason or another. Private consultations allow us to be able to work 1on1 with a gamer using elements of Motivational Interviewing Techniques. The goal is to help gamers see what they really want and why they think games are the way to get what they want.
In a session, we talk about their assumptions and their motivations, and find a way forward to meet those needs best. 1on1 consultations are not designed to replace any talk therapies with a psychologist or counsellor, rather they are complementary. Private consults often help to break down barriers to engaging with joining group programs or engaging with supports. They are also a great way to do additional followups if needed.
Private sessions are also perfect for additional followups after a group program to make sure your family is on track and to problem solve any barriers you’ve come across.
- 60-90min session
- Excellent for goal setting with young adults who need a push
- Chat happens online over Discord (popular chatting app used by gamers)
- Debrief with parents if appropriate
- Debrief with gamer’s psychologist if consent is given for consultation
- Insight into our gamer’s core mental health and resilience and how to access help if needed