GameAware is proud to announce a collaboration with Highett Neighbourhood Community House to bring you the Game Cave.
Social gaming differs from the gaming that we see at home because they are actually socializing when they play in the same room as each other. They are sharing an experience moreso than you would if you went to the movies with your friends. While there’s something to be said about connecting with friends over the internet when playing games with them, it really pales in comparison to sitting next to your buddy when you are kicking each other’s butts and actually smiling from the interactions with each other. Social gaming is an important part of transforming the way gamers use their playing time by trading excessive gaming time for a higher quality of gaming.
- Game Cave will run on Fridays during the school term to run old school games and some new ones too.
- 12 networked PC’s running GTX 1050ti’s and i3’s
- 2 PC’s with 980Ti’s and HTC Vive Virtual Reality Headsets
- XBOX360 and XBOX One S with a 3metre projector and bean bags
- There is a 12 player maximum for PCs but there is extra space for XBOX players.
- Afternoon Tea is provided
- Tournaments will be run as special events
- Cost: $10
- 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Highett Neighbourhood Community House
- 2 Livingston Street, Highett VIC 3190
- Phone: (03) 9555 3797
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can email me at email@example.com with any questions you may have about Game Cave and its role in the GameAware approach to reducing excessive gaming.