September 19, 2016 at 3:02 am #1372
List the new hobbies or activities that you found for Strategy #2: “Add, Don’t Subtract”
Please use the following format so that other parents can effectively search for things they are interested in.
1) What activity
2) Where (suburb, postcode)
3) Contact details
4) Anything else you would like to mention about it
If you want to search for activities in this list, go back to the forum’s home screen and search by hobby/activity or by location.
Let’s build ourselves an awesome database of new hobbies for our gamers!
September 27, 2016 at 11:16 pm #1514
October 23, 2016 at 10:04 am #1720AnitaParticipant
Banksy exhibition in CBD $25 over 12 $10 6 – 12. under 6 free. https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BANKSY16
October 23, 2016 at 10:05 am #1721AnitaParticipant
October 24, 2016 at 5:58 am #1725Mark and LisaParticipant
1) Scouts (youth aged 10 to 14)
2) 1st Elwood Scout Group, 85 Ormond Rd Elwood
3) Web: ElwoodScouts.asn.au. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) $372/year plus any weekend camp costs.
“The great thing that the Scout Movement has to offer, probably better than any other organisation in the whole of Australia, is the opportunity for young people to discover their key strengths and utilise them on a regular basis.
The happiest people on the planet have discovered what their core strengths are and use them every day.” – Dr Michael Carr-Gregg
April 15, 2017 at 3:23 am #4160
1) Moonlit Animal Sanctuary
2) 550 Tyabb-Tooradin Rd, Pearcedale. VIC.
3) Open 10am to 5pm daily. Cafe onsite or byo picnic. BBQ facilities – need booking. 03 5978 7935
4) This place is amazing. Get in touch with our native animals. It can easily take up a whole day and you would never be bored. Spend as much time as you like feeding very friendly kangaroos and wallabies that are free roaming. Pat a koala, hold a live python, walk with a dingo, watch an entertaining eco show and learn about our endangered animals. Meet the wombats and learn about how dangerous these cuddly looking creatures can really be, talk to the cockatoos and check out the blue tongue lizards.
So great to see how this sanctuary is making a difference and creating breeding programs for our endangered animals. Spend a day there and your visit will help this amazing place to provide a ‘sanctuary’ for these animals, rather than a zoo, and establish more breeding programs for our endangered animals. Can’t get better than that!
February 16, 2018 at 5:18 am #5692DominicParticipant
Hey Conveiently found
Victorian Historical Combat Academy vhca.org.au who run a friendly but focused training on Italian sabres (sword) fighting (and occasionally other weapons) at the conveniently located Moorabbin Primary School Hall. What gamer has no interest in swords or dueling?
Classes Wednesday 7:30 to 9:30 or Saturday or Saturday 2:30 to 4:30
Try for free – than $50 per month
My son and I are doing it together and my daughter wishes to try this weekend as well.
Having done other martial arts we find the less formal nature of this very welcoming and quite pleasant and very suitable for those who have done no combat arts and are of modest fitness.
November 27, 2018 at 9:07 am #6819
1) Social Gaming – Level Infinity eSports Centre
2) A: 1/164 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
T: 03 9654 0558
4) High quality gaming experience built for esports teams with top end gaming systems. It is very reasonably priced and located in the middle of the city. Perfect for a social gaming sesh with your buddies.
January 16, 2019 at 2:17 pm #7091
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.